Healthy Liver Healthy You
Wondering as to how to keep your liver healthy? Your liver is one of the most important organs in the body as it fights harmful toxins and secretes useful enzymes. Hence, taking take care of your liver is essential for a healthy liver healthy you.
The most ideal approach to battle liver disease is to avoid it, assuming there is any chance of this happening. Here are 13 tried and tested essential tips to maintain healthy liver:
Maintain a healthy weight– If you are obese or even fairly overweight, you’re at risk for having a fatty liver that can develop into non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), one of the quickest developing types of liver disease. Weight reduction can have a significant impact in reducing liver fat and is one of the best tips to maintain healthy liver.
Follow a healthy diet– Avoid unhealthy meals which include saturated fats, refined starches, (for example, white bread, white rice and normal pasta) and sugars. Try not to eat raw or half-cooked shellfish. For a balanced eating routine, eat fibre, which you can get from new organic products, vegetables, entire grain breads, rice and oats. Likewise, eat meat (yet limit the measure of red meat), dairy (low-fat milk and modest quantities of cheddar) and fats (the “great” fats that are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated, for example, vegetable oils, nuts, seeds, and fish). Hydration is fundamental, so drink a ton of water. Following a healthy diet will lead to a healthy liver healthy you!
Exercise daily– One of the most essential tips for a healthy liver is exercise. When you practice exercise daily, it assists with burning triglycerides for fuel, can lessen liver fat and is ideal for a healthy liver.
Avoid toxic substance– Avoid direct contact with toxic substances you encounter from cleaning and vaporized items, bug sprays, chemicals, and added substances. At the point when you do utilize pressurized canned products, ensure the room is ventilated, and wear a cover. Also, avoid smoking for a healthy liver healthy you.
Consume liquor responsibly– Consuming more than the advised amount of alcohol can create numerous medical issues. They can harm or destroy liver cells and scar your liver. Have a conversation with your primary care physician about what amount of liquor is ideal for you. You might be suggested to drink liquor with some restraint or you may be asked to stop it totally. Avoiding alcohol is your best bet for a healthy liver healthy you.
Keep away from the consumption of illicit medications– Unlawful drugs may be tagged as illegal drugs or medicines which are prohibited to use. Usage of such drugs or unlawful medications can lead to serious liver diseases. These illegal drugs are namely marijuana/hashish, cocaine, heroin, psychedelic drugs, inhalants, or prescribed type of psychotherapeutics (pain relievers, sedatives, energizers, and narcotics) utilized without any medical license or prescription. For a healthy liver healthy you, stay away from hard drugs which can cause further harm to your liver.
- Maintain a safe distance from used or contaminated needles – One of the essential tips for a healthy liver is not using contaminated needles. Obviously, dirty needles aren’t just connected with intravenous drug use. You should have a chat with a clinical expert and look for testing following any sort of skin penetration including sharp instruments or needles. Unsafe needle usage, however uncommon, may happen in an emergency clinic setting, and would require quick consultation. Additionally, utilize clean needles for tattoos and body piercings.
- Get clinical attention in case you have exposure to blood – In case you come in contact with another person’s blood, quickly catch up with your doctor. Or else, if you are extremely worried, go to the emergency room of the closest clinic to get a consultation.
- Try not to share personal things – For instance, razors, toothbrushes and nail scissors can contain minute degrees of blood or other body liquids that might be polluted or contaminated. Avoid using such items.
- Practice safe sex – Unprotected sex or sex with various partners increases the danger of contracting hepatitis B and hepatitis C. Make sure to always use protection.
- Keep your hands clean and sanitized – Use a cleanser and warm water immediately after using the washroom, when you have changed a diaper, and before getting ready or before eating food. Maintaining personal hygiene is vital for a healthy liver healthy you.
- Follow instructions on all medicines – When drugs are taken without following instructions, you could cause problems to the liver. Never consume liquor with different medications and drugs regardless of when they are supposed to be taken. Consult with your doctor regarding any over-the-counter drugs, or natural cures that you use.
- Get vaccinated – There are antibodies for hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Sadly, there’s no antibody against the hepatitis C infection. Vaccination can help cope with any liver disease prior to their development.
The liver can have adverse effect on your body. So it should be given proper care. To find the difference between healthy liver vs fatty liver we have to know the symptoms of fatty liver.
The symptoms may include –
- Skin and eyes that appear yellowish (jaundice)
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Swelling in the legs and ankles
- Itchy skin
- Dark urine colour
- Pale stool colour
- Chronic fatigue
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Tendency to bruise easily
Visit your doctor if you have any persistent signs or symptoms that bother you. Seek immediate medical attention if you have abdominal pain that causes discomfort.
Healthy liver foods – Some of the best foods and drinks that are considered as healthy liver foods are –
- Green tea
- Plant based foods
- Fatty fish
- Olive oil
The liver plays a vital role in the body and you too can learn how to keep your liver healthy. While it largely takes care of itself, a person can contribute in maintaining liver health by following some of the basic tips we have listed above. Following them will simply lead to a healthy liver healthy you.
To conclude, in order to keep your liver healthy, follow a good lifestyle, consume the medicines you are advised to take on time, exercise daily and stay away from foods that can cause damages to your liver. You have experienced the symptoms of liver problems. So now, to experience healthy liver symptoms, follow the tips, it will amaze you. Are you ready to make this transition in your life? It will be worth it! #HealthyLiverHealthyYou #liverhealthy #nash #nafld